Spring is finally here and it is time to start celebrating the beauty of the season. Children will be interested in doing loads of spring themed crafts, and making beautiful spring flowers will most definitely be one of them. Using leftover cardboard or stiff paper, tissue paper, popsicle sticks, and glitter, preschoolers can make an artistic spring flower display at home or on a school bulletin board!
Ingredients for Spring Flower Craft
- 1 sheet of yellow tissue paper (for flower center, or color of choice)
- 1 sheet of white tissue paper (for flower petals, or color of choice)
- 1-8 x 11 inch piece of stiff construction paper, cardstock paper, or cardboard (white if possible)
- 1 wide popsicle stick
- glue stick
- green glitter glue
Method for Making Spring Flower Craft
- Cut out two small circles and six petals from stiff construction or card stock paper, or cardboard. Adult can do this step ahead of time.
- Cut out one square of yellow tissue paper large enough to completely wrap one of the center circles.
- Cut out six rectangular shaped pieces of white tissue paper large enough to wrap each petal individually.
- Wrap one circle with yellow and the six petals with white tissue paper. Use glue stick to fasten the tissue paper securely.
- Glue the petals to the unwrapped circle so that they form the flower.
- Glue the yellow center onto the center of the flower.
- Turn flower over and glue the popsicle stick onto the center of the flower to form a stem.
- Spread green glitter glue (or glue and green glitter) onto the stem.
- Make several flowers for a pretty bulletin board display or a spring bouquet!